LASCBA User Access

Please login to access your Bar Applicant account.

Member Login

Forgot Password?

New Here?

Create Account

In-House Counsel

Effective April 1, 2005 a lawyer admitted and authorized to practice law in another state or territory of the United States may receive a limited license to practice law in this state when the lawyer is employed in Louisiana as a lawyer exclusively for: a corporation, its subsidiaries or affiliates; an association; and/or a business which consists of activities other than the practice of law or the provision of legal services.


  • LASCBA In-House Counsel Application Packet ($875)

    Please login to the 'Account Portal' to start an in house application. You will need to include:

    • Application for limited licensure as in-house counsel
    • Lawyer Discipline Attestation form
    • Certificate to be completed by lawyer regulatory agency in jurisdiction(s) where admitted
    • Affidavit to be completed on behalf of the in-house employer

    Mailed to:
    The Committee on Bar Admissions
    2800 Veterans Memorial Blvd., Suite 310
    Metairie, LA 70002

  • NCBE Report of Character and Fitness

    All In-House Counsel applicants are also required to complete the National Conference of Bar Examiners application, which can be completed online. Read More »

    Additionally, applicants are required to undergo fingerprinting and a state and federal criminal background check. The process can be initiated at the Louisiana State Police office or a local law enforcement agency. More information is available here ».


  • Change in Time of One Test for the Nine on the Louisiana Bar Exam

    Please be advised that the Criminal Law, Procedure and Evidence test is two hours long effective...Read More.

  • Attention February 2018 Applicants: Amendments to Supreme Court Rule XVII

    The Louisiana Supreme Court has amended Appendix A of Rule XVII. Please see...Read More.

See All News

Keep your Contact Information Up-To-Date!

It is the applicant's responsibility to notify the Committee on Bar Admissions of any mailing address, telephone number or email address changes! This information can be updated online under the 'My Account' portal.