LASCBA User Access

Please login to access your Bar Applicant account.

Member Login

Forgot Password?

New Here?

Create Account

Character and Fitness

National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE)

Bar Applicants must get a Character and Fitness report from the NCBE in order to either get admission to the Louisiana Bar or to attain a limited licence to practice law as In-House Counsel. This Character and Fitness investigation process starts for Louisiana law students during the 2nd year student registration, and then a supplemental application completes the process before the Bar Exam.

Once the preliminary NCBE report comes into LASBCA, our Panel will review the results and determine if further inquiry is necessary.

NCBE Online Request for the Preparation of Character Report

After the online portion is completed in accordance with the directions provided and fees prescribed by the NCBE, part of the NCBE request will need to be printed out and mailed to them. Mail any required forms and fees to the NCBE:

National Conference of Bar Examiners
302 South Bedford Street
Madison, WI 53703-3622

IMPORTANT! Bar Exam applications cannot be considered on-time or complete without notice of a submission of the request for the Preparation of Character Report from the NCBE. Failure to do so may lead to late fees and possibily the inability to sit for the Bar Exam.

It is the applicant's responsibility to keep information up-to-date and to file amendments as necessary should there be changes in address, employment, name, violations or other pertinant information.


  • Change in Time of One Test for the Nine on the Louisiana Bar Exam

    Please be advised that the Criminal Law, Procedure and Evidence test is two hours long effective...Read More.

  • Attention February 2018 Applicants: Amendments to Supreme Court Rule XVII

    The Louisiana Supreme Court has amended Appendix A of Rule XVII. Please see...Read More.

See All News

Keep your Contact Information Up-To-Date!

It is the applicant's responsibility to notify the Committee on Bar Admissions of any mailing address, telephone number or email address changes! This information can be updated online under the 'My Account' portal.